Devoted to Loving and Serving your Family
"We recognize the emotions you are feeling. Stressed, overwhelmed, tired. These are the signs of being a caregiver for a loved one. Caring for Mom or Dad is very difficult, especially when you have other things that require your attention. My wife and I established AKOTA Home Care in 2011 due to having personal experience of providing home care for a loved one. We want to help reduce the stress you are feeling by helping take care of your loved one side-by-side with you. You don't just want anyone to take care of Mom or Dad, and neither do we. That is why we give them the same amount of care and attention you would give. Let us help take away your stress and help your loved one stay as independent for as long as possible."
-Jim & Leslie Lindsay
Trusted and Safe Caregivers
We understand that you wouldn't just invite anyone into your home. That is why we provide only the highest quality caregivers to care for your loved one. Our caregivers undergo extensive security, qualification and in-person screenings. Only the top 10% of qualified applicants are hired. The following is a list of some of the items we check when hiring a new applicant:
- An on-site rigorous application (no online application accepted)
- A State-wide criminal background check
- 4-5 courthouse-level background checks
- Evaluation by staff regarding English proficiency
- Interviewed by multiple staff members for compatibility
- E-Verify check to ensure eligibility verification as provided by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration
- ICE check (US Immigrations and Customs Enforecement)
- Certification check
- Two professional reference checks
- Upfront and ongoing random drug tests
Transparent and high quality care
Ongoing training for caregivers in Alzheimer's and dementia care, CPR, first aid, mobility assistance and more.
We serve before you pay:
No deposit required. We handle billing and caregiver payments so you don't have to.
We have been recognized by Home Care Standards Bureau (HCSB) as an +A home care agency.
4 Layers of monitoring:
- Daily caregiver log-ins and progress notes
- Weekly Care Team Review in which our Care Team Leaders and Nurses meet to discuss each clients care
- Every 60 days our Registered Nurses will visit, evaluate the caregiver, and reassess the Plan of Care if needed
- Our Registered Nurse will visit after a hospitalization to check on the client's health and well-being.
The AKOTA Difference
Our core values, to love and serve, are drawn from scripture:
"...faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love," 1 Corinthians 13:13
"...the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve," Mark 10:45
We have three core values: love and serve our clients, love and serve our caregivers, and love and serve with innovation.
We have four pillars that we are passionate about:
- Allow seniors to live wherever they are as independently as possible, for as long as possible
- Letting daughters be daughters again, instead of a primary caregiver
- Provide a career path for international workers to serve in the health care system
- Feed families across the globe.
"I am a caregiver with AKOTA Home Care and have had a very great experience with them since becoming an employee. I have given care to clients as a caregiver as well as work with them in their office. In both cases as an employee, I feel supported and loved, just like their clients. They are an agency that is setting out to change the face of Home Care. They want to love the community and help those in need as well as run a business. It's not just a business to them, it is Home Care with a Heart." - Kimberly R.
Meet the Administrative staff
Jim Lindsay: Owner and Founder
Hometown: Castle Rock, CO
- BA in Music from Oklahoma Baptist University
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Lincoln College, Oxford University
- Has an IBM/Defense Department Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma,
- Passed advanced web marketing classes provided by StoryBrand
- Over 21 years of business experience, specific to the home health care industry
- 10 years working as the CEO of a home health care company
- Adjunct faculty at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. teaching marketing and sales
- Youth Pastor/Worship Leader since 1985
LORA JEAN ALLEN: NURSING SUPERVISOR
Hometown: San Luis Valley, CO.
- Associates Degree in Nursing, Trinidad State Junior College
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Adams State University
- 7+ years in the nursing field
- Personal experience as an in-home caregiver
- Multiple years in skilled facilities specializing in long term and acute care, postpartum, and functional care
Casey Lindsay: Executive Team Member
Hometown: Alexandria, VA
- BS in Business Management from George Mason University
- Associates Degree in Business Management from Northern Virginia Community College
- Semester study of Entrepreneurial Analysis at New College, Oxford University
- 5+ years in the home care industry
- Focus on administrative functions, such as market and financial analysis and human resources
- SEO Webmaster in-training
- 2+ years experience with designing company websites
Leith mchugh: Community Liaison
Leith McHugh loves beautiful, messy stories: the real-life mix of joy and playfulness. She is the creator of Brave Beauty & B2Teen, a community of hope geared towards celebrating joy in the midst of life’s pain. She is a connector, inviter & truth-teller. She authentically shares her story as a public speaker. She loves music, humor, yoga and is of course, the best dancer in her house! Most of all she’s crazy about her husband and three kids.
Leith’s story is woven with the memory and loss of her twelve year-old daughter Hadley Rae in 2011. Her journey of grief and joy through Hadley’s life and her own dark valleys of life have given Leith a brave beauty, deeper faith, and hope to share and connect with other women walking their own journeys of pain. She also recognizes first hand the stresses of being a caregiver for a loved one.
Leith and her husband Aaron have been married for 24 years. They have recently “rebooted” their lives and can be found living simply and abundantly in Colorado Springs. They love savoring a good box of red wine, traveling together, cracking jokes, and spending time with their kids, Holden and Averi.